Thursday, May 1, 2008

It Goes On

The losses continue to mount on top of each previous loss growing to an enormous pinnacle of demonstrative excellence in corporate performance. No one hollers more like a loser than a loser. The smart ones capitalize on the unfortunate and exploit the political canter calls of injustice, that would be the enormous profits big oil companies are experiencing. One after another spews out the same message to the street ...Our losses continue to grow as our margins diminish exponentially in relation to the increase in the cost of energy resources... Then its my turn to face the shareholders and the board. I glance across the room as my name is announced. My speech has become rote just by listening to all the others. I spy Trolly sitting at one of our major shareholders table, and she appears differently today. She seems immaculately dressed for the occasion but abundantly remiss in her top priority to watch as many light switches as possible. I sooth any fear with my innate confidence of a great CEO, the greatest CEO ever. The applause begins and I stride towards the podium. I think to myself that they better have the company logo displayed appropriately in the same fashion as the presidential seal. I start my salutations all the while looking out across the room full of bobbling heads of wealth. It is here, in rooms like this, that the real direction of the country is determined. From economics to wars. I finish thanking those who have done the work and look to my right just behind the curtain and I see the hand appear. So eloquently encased in a majestic gray glove. I look over to Trolly and see she has just started to excuse herself from the table. I feel the anticipation wince throughout my being. I attempt to deliver the jest of my speech ...As my predecessor once said, in times like these we do not need... I turned my head to look for the gray gloved hand... I knew Trolly wouldn't reach it in time.

CLICK


...if pickles came in a dry jar we could save more energy than any shooting star and still melt the ice in the freezer instead of using the term defrost. Seriously, who would ever think that the previously unknown Reverend Wright would become a media superstar as we sit now for the past 30 days or so waiting with sensationalized anxiety as the media pundits, the true hate and fear mongers, continue to dig and dwell into 20 years of pastoral history that might show proof that this reverend has been involved in terrorism. Any terrorism. Where is the destructive results from the patrons of his church? Certainly after 20 years one would think a militia had been formed ...I realize I am on a roll... If there is nothing of substance then why is there a non issue of insurmountable discursiveness? Ah the scared conservatives and the political antidotes of sinister strategy deployment. Pretzels have more twists with or without salt... I wonder where Trolly is as I continue. ...Connecting speaker wires correctly will return proper sound but connecting the negative wire to the positive connection will wreak havoc with unpredictable implications...

CLICK

I see Trolly retreating from the light switch. There is a barely visible mist of gray with crystal like reflections dissipating. The crowd seems stunned or in awe. I try to recall my diatribe. There is silence that stretches for hundreds of years inside the 7 seconds that have ticked away. I reiterate ...It seems we have more to concern ourselves with than just depressing margins that once returned sweet profits but now become cloy through perpetually living in the moment and never looking forward. ... So let us now blame big oil alone as the giant albatross they have always been, but rather let us shake a stern finger, a solid universal symbolic finger, towards the true root cause of our current predicament... Raise your finger and salute the big three automakers for not guiding things towards a greener vision... Thank you.

CD
Sometimes all is lost even when there is no wind to fill the sails.

No comments: